5 Best Women's Running Shoes in 2019 Reviewed
Advanced Weightlifting Reviews the Best Women's Running Shoes on the Martket in 2019
|Picture||Brand & Model||Price Range||Best Price|
|Nike Women's Free TR Flyknit 3||$59-$199||
Check Best Price
|Brooks Women's Glycerin 17||$149-169||
Check Best Price
|AASICS Women's Gel-Kayano 25||$89-$159||Check Best Price|
|Brooks Women's Ghost 11||$120-139||
Check Best Price
|New Balance Women's 880v9||$125-139||
Check Best Price
Searching for the perfect running shoe? Does the perfect running shoe exist? Maybe! Our careful research and analysis of thousands of reviews from our peers narrowed it down to this list of 5 amazing shoes for your best run yet!
What to Look For In A Woman's Running Shoe
An important rule to live by is, “you get what you pay for.” Some shoes may be cute and match your workout outfit perfect, but the support isn’t there. Wearing the wrong pair of running shoes can cause serious injuries. Wearing low quality shoes can cause hip, knee, back, and feet problems. People have reported their toes going numb when shoes are too snug. We want to feel refreshed and rejuvenated after we run, not crawling to the foot soak!
How much should I pay for a good pair of running shoes?
It’s best not to cut corners when you want quality. Running shoes can range between $20 and $200. Experts say you’re likely to spend at least $100 if you want the science and research behind a quality running shoe.
Can Cross training shoes be used for running?
Maybe for a quick jog on the treadmill, or in the weightroom, but running shoes are specially designed for heel to toe movement for long periods of time- providing the necessary cushion and flexibility for maximum stability and support.
Let’s focus on fit for a minute-most people don’t know that their running shoes may be causing potential injuries. The shoes featured here have cushion designed for heel to toe cushion and traction for whatever distance they take you.
When finding the right running shoe for you, one major key for optimal performance in your workout is fit- Aim for a thumbnail's length of extra space in the toe area. The width should be fitted but allowing room for your foot to move without rubbing. Laces should be snug but not too tight.
More About Our Top Rated Shoes of 2019
Let’s be real, our goal is to have shoes that are supportive, and cute! You don’t have to sacrifice one for the other with these shoes. Each of our picks have optimal support and come in crazy cute styles and colors so you can run comfortably and in style! Get running!
Nike Women's Free Tr Flyknit 3
The Nike Free TR Flyknit 3 Women's Gym/HIIT/Cross Training Shoe offers lightweight support and breathability for short runs, long runs, and even fitness classes. With a wide, flat heel, it also exceptional stability during high-intensity training, in the gym and outdoors. It is a truly versatile running shoe
- Switch between workouts and sets without issue in the versatile and lightweight Nike Free TR Flyknit 3 trainers.
- Flyknit fabric provides sock-like comfort through every workout.
- Bootie construction.
- Centralized lace-up closure with Flywire cables added to midfoot for a more a secure, adjustable fit.
- TPU wing integrates with laces for enhanced stability.
- Padded high collar delivers additional comfort and support.
- Dynamic stretch bands offers stability while giving feet the freedom to move naturally.
- Foam midsole provides lightweight cushioning.
- Foam heel piece adds support and stability.
- Flex grooves promote natural movement during workouts.
- Rubber tread inserts at outsole enhance durability.
- Lightweight fabric and an innovative midfoot design define a virtually seamless workout shoe equipped with knit Flywire cables for responsive support.
Brooks Women's Glycerin 17
he Glycerin 17 is a world-class comfort-oriented cruiser of a running shoe. It’s not sleek and fast like a sports car, but more like a high-end SUV with leather seats, tinted windows and all of the upgrades—right down to the new metallic foam band around the perimeter of the shoe.
Guest JackRabbit reviewer, Brian Metzler took the new Brooks Glycerin 17 out for some test runs and gives us his two cents on this strong legacy running shoe.
The cushiest running shoe in Brooks’ line, the neutral-inclined Glycerin has become even more cushy and comfortable in its 17th edition.
Like the previous edition, the Glycerin 17 is built on the marshmallowy DNA Loft midsole foam, an completely innovative and successful material engineered for a smooth, luxurious ride.
The Brooks Glycerin is truly a best-in-class shoe that looks great, fits great, feels great and runs great.
Brooks notched up the comfort even more this year on the Glycerin 17 by adding an OrthoLite sockliner made from an open-cell polyurethane foam for optimal step-in cushion and long-lasting softness. With regards to the upper of the Glycerin, the pliable 3D Fit Print engineered mesh version has been tweaked slightly to improve the fit and overall feel of the new model.
Let's talk midsole. The DNA Loft midsole foam is a compound that blends air, rubber and foam to optimize shock absorption. It’s not a super-light springy foam, but instead a more substantial and durable material that delivers a reliably soft, comfortable and stable ride. Perfect for long runs, comfortable runs for those athletes looking for a reliable shoe that won't let them down.
The cushy new sock-liner and refinements to the upper on the Brooks Glycerin 17 have really dialed in the fit of the shoe. Combined with the stretchy foot-cradling bootie and soft, seamless interior, the Glycerin 17 wraps the foot like a piece of form-fitting apparel.
This secure fit system adapts by expanding and contracting while in motion, allowing for comfortable, uninhibited transitions from foot-strike to toe-off. Although it has some palpable responsiveness, the ride of the Brooks Glycerin 17 is perhaps better characterized as producing a consistently smooth, stable sensation in every stride.
Our wear-testers reported that it felt exceptionally comfortable in the final miles of long runs.
Runners who really appreciate thickly cushioned training shoes will love the Glycerin 17.
The DNA Loft cushioning and stable ride of this running shoe make it ideal for long runs and recovery runs. It’s also ideal for bigger runners as well as working really well for those who are heavy heel strikers.
Designed as a light running shoe, the GEL-KAYANO 25 women's running shoe guarantees both the best comfort and stability. The technology employs organic fibers that resist compression, providing lasting bounce on even the longest runs. The gel technology reduces impact and guards your joints. No-seam construction and materials keep runners free from painful pressure points or chafing, while carefully dispersed eyelets allow for even pressure distribution over the lacing, to give a great fit and feel. The shoe's design features an elastic sleeve that fits perfectly around your foot like a sock inspired by the belt of a traditional Japanese kimono. These shoes will give you the energy and stability you need to run further every time.
- reduced weight and increased platform support.
- Vertical groove separates the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- This Trusstic System Technology integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gate efficiency while providing structural integrity.
- energetic foam formulation that provides great bounce thanks to a one of a kind compound.
Brooks Ghost 11
- The Brooks Ghost 11 running shoe boasts a lightweight style and a smooth ride from heel to toe so you can take your every run to the next level
- Neutral support type
- High bounce cushioning
- Made for the road
- Differential: 12mm. Heel/Toe: 30mm/18mm.
- Offers medium and high arch support.
- Breathability and stretch.
- Lightweight synthetic overlays.
- Traditional lace up closure.
- Plush tongue and collar.
- Extremely soft and comfortable.
- Removable foam insole for excellent underfoot comfort and support.